166 Main Street, Newfield, NY 14867
Newfield, NY 14867
Town Clerk Hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 to 1:00p.m.
- January: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon.
- January 31St(weekdays) 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Town Clerk Duties:
- Recording and Archiving Secretary for the Town Board
- Records Management Officer- receiver and custodian of town records; administrator of the Freedom of Information Law
- Licensing Officer for:
- Dog license form
- Conservation (hunting and fishing)
- Handicap Parking Permit Application
- Notary Public
- Copies of Town Laws and Ordinances
- Tax Maps and Tax Rolls
- Applications for Building Permit, Sign Permit, Demolition Permit
Collection of Taxes and Assessments:
- Town and County Taxes*
- Water and sewer district payments
- Building Code Permit Fees
*Specific Questions about Newfield resident assessment should be addressed to the Tompkins County Department of Assessment at (607) 274-5517, 128 E. Buffalo Street, Ithaca, NY 14850
- If you intend to be married in New York State you must apply in person for a marriage license to any Town or City Clerk in the State.
- Fee: $40.00 (includes your Marriage Certificate)
- Waiting Period: 24 hours from time license is issued.
- Expires: 60 days, beginning the day after the license is issued (extended to 180 days for active duty personnel)
- Required Documents: Birth Certificate; picture identification, copies of all divorce decrees or spouse death certificate.
- An appointment is required to apply for a Marriage License.
Replacement of lost Marriage Certificate:
Replacements are made by the Clerk in the Town or City where the License was issued. The fee for replacement of Certificates issued in Newfield is $ 10.00.