Fire, Building & Environmental Code Officer – Alan Teeter
607-327-1849 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Permit Applications:
The Town has several permit requirements – either by Town and or New York State Law – which can be accessed through the links below. The permits are titled to help determine which is most appropriate to a resident’s need. All forms can be printed. Completed forms along with any required fees must be taken to the Clerk’s Office for processing.
- General Building Permit Application
- Application for Manufactured/Mobile Homes
- Application for Swimming Pools/Spas/Hot Tubs
- Application for Decks/Railings/Ramps
- Application for Re-Roofing
- Application for Culverts
- Application for Solid Fuel Stove (Coal/Pellets/Wood)
- Application for Solar
- Application for Signs
- Application for Site Plan Review
- awareness and complaint document
In addition to these permits is a requirement to obtain a Stormwater Permit if any development activity will disturb one acre or more of land. The Building Code Enforcement Officer will provide assistance.
Newfield does NOT have a zoning ordinance. The Newfield Planning Board has developed a Comprehensive Plan which was be presented to the Town Board and the community and adopted in September of 2013.
Environmental Code Enforcement is geared to the Town’s Solid Waste Disposal Law. The Officer is available to investigate any such infringement, to supervise its clean-up and or to issue a court appearance ticket.