Plant A Row (PAR)
Newfield Food Hub Joins PAR to help Alleviate Hunger in Newfield
You Can Make A Difference Through PAR!
As an Individual:
- Plant a row of vegetables, fruit, herbs or flowers from your garden.
- Deliver the harvest to the Newfield Food Pantry located in the Methodist Church on Main Street
- Tell your friends and neighbors about PAR.
As a Business:
- Become a PAR sponsor through financial support.
- Contribute “in-kind” donations.
- Organize a company-wide PAR campaign.
PAR is rooted in the heartfelt tradition of gardeners sharing a bountiful harvest with others. Nothing beats the taste and nutrition of fresh-picked vegetables.
Growing and eating from your own garden can improve your health, save you money, increase your sustainability, and decrease your carbon footprint. And most important, your garden can help a lot of people in need.
PAR’s success depends on the generosity of volunteer gardeners, like yourself. For more information, contact Marge Strosnider at the Newfield Food Pantry (607)564-3555, Joanne James (607) 564-7153 or Jean Gerow (607) 272-7367
The Need Is Great throughout Tompkins County
- An estimated 13,280 live in households that experience hunger or the risk of hunger daily.
- 3,040 people facing hunger each day are children.
- 61% are below the 200% poverty threshold.
The Newfield Food Hub’s mission is to provide an avenue for the gardening households of Newfield to help our most vulnerable citizens and the food agencies serving them.