Beginning Monday , June 1st
Town Hall will be open to the public 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Water bills will be coming out June 1st and we encourage people to continue using the drop box and mail for payments to reduce traffic while we continue this phased reopening.
Town Court remains closed to the public. Town Court falls under the jurisdiction of the New York State Unified Court System. Some administrative work has begun, but significant restrictions remain; hearings and public access have not restarted. You can reach the Court Clerks at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions.
Town Hall Health & Safety Precautions Instituted
You should NOT visit Town Hall if you:
- Have had a recent onset of fever, cough, shortness of breath or body aches?
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have been in contact with a person with a suspected or confirmed case COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
All visitors must:
- Wear a mask (we will have some available)
- Use hand sanitizer as you enter the building (provided)
- Sign in with name and contact information (email or phone)
- Movement through Town Hall will be restricted to the Town Clerk’s door and only one person at a time. Waiting lines will be marked on the floor and adhere to a 6-foot minimum separation. Staff will sanitize counter surfaces after each transaction and call the next person to the counter.
- Staff that can conduct their work remotely are continuing to do so.
- All meetings will continue to be held via ZOOM
Masks – If you are having trouble getting a mask, please contact the Town Clerk at 564-9981.
Dial 211 and https://tompkinscountyny.gov/health are also helpful for a variety of information
We encourage people to continue to submit applications via email. You can continue to contact the department with questions or to schedule inspections by calling 327-1849 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The message will be forwarded to the appropriate person and someone will respond as soon as possible.
New York State REQUIRED Steps to be Completed by Contractors to Re-Open or Continue to Work and Prior to Inspections
Business Safety Plan Template
Read and Affirm Detailed Guidelines
No inspections will be scheduled until a Business Safety Plan affidavit is received by the Codes Department.
Town of Newfield Re-Opening Plan